Friday, November 6, 2009

Is it Enough?

So I have been in a very pensive mood since last night. For some reason, I felt a strange void within me, like a feeling of being unfulfilled. I am in a world class university, in a city that people would die to live in, living a privileged and envious life. Yet, I feel as though I am not doing justice to this life of mine. I have finally figured out my life and the way I want it to shape up. I have figured out my academics and am continuing the job I had taken up last semester, yet I feel like I'm not doing something essential. After reflecting on it for sometime, I figured that I am not doing anything besides academics- I am not doing something I am passionate about. Yes, I am obsessed with nutrition as my passion and am working toward it, but am not developing a talent or honing a hobby. The fulfillment that doing something outside of one's daily duties gives you, is an entirely different satisfaction. I had decided last semester that I would be more involved. Unfairness in dance teams let me down and I was discouraged all over again. But I gave up. Big mistake. I have to keep going on, relentlessly. I am getting into a profession that is going to require undying hard work and patience. If I give up at the smallest hint of failure my survival in this field of work is doubtful.
So I have decided to step up and make my dreams reality! If dance teams don't happen, I should go for clubs, for events, for anything else my vast campus offers! And not give up (like I did my ballroom dance after one disappointing class!). Because in life, for success, giving up is not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment