Monday, March 8, 2010

The power within you

This is a hard time for me. Emotionally and mentally. And I am dealing with this with the help of people around me. But I realized that I can't have people support me all the time. And this taught me one important thing. I have to help myself.

This is a time where I've lost something dear to me. And its not my fault neither anyone else's. Its just something that was inevitable. But this has cause much heartache and tears. And sometimes I realized, one has to rise beyond these weak emotional moments. Its true, many decisions must be taken from the heart. But when your head starts questioning your heart, you know there is a problem. And this is exactly what happened to me.

I never understood this phenomenon completely until I was in the same position. I have no one but myself to rely on. I ahve to make my heart stronger, my mind stronger and stick by what I believe- no matter how hard that is. Because if I don't, I will end up wronging many around me.

I have always been fair and true. I don't believe in lying or playing games. Keeping this in mind, I know I have to rise above temptations.

I want to achieve a dream. And to achieve that, I have to be strong headed. If I'm not, I will end up making a mess of my entire life and being at the mercy of people around me, always. I have always been independent, but my emotional side takes the better of me. And this experience has taught me that I cannot let that happen. To face this world, I need strength and seeking this strength in people around me will never help. The key is in loving myself. And when I love myself, and am confident of it, nothing can deter me from either my dreams or make me doubt myself. Loving myself is the best gift I can give to myself.

It scares me to think that I have reached a point in life, where I can no more fall back on everyone at the drop of a hat. I have to take charge of my own life and live life on my own terms. Gone are the days where I compromised for people and did things for other peoples' happiness. I have to learn to make myself happy first. Everything eill fall into

No comments:

Post a Comment